Find out how activating payment-linked loyalty programme is helping Barclays’ customers to securely manage their money.
Barclays recently tied up with Bink, a payment-linked loyalty platform. Bink’s technology ensures that customers don’t miss out on merchant loyalty schemes, by connecting those schemes directly to our payment cards.
To realise the objective of driving innovation in app-based experiences, the Launchpad team from India immediately began its work of activating Bink on the Barclays Launchpad application. The task involved interacting with different gateways, developing three different application programme interfaces (APIs) and ensuring data security is maintained at all levels.
To ensure timely and efficient delivery, the team developed three APIs all by itself and ensured that these can be consumed by any channel (mobile, internet). They also worked on:
- Native code for iOS and Android
- Feature test
- Part of regression test
- Scrum and Release management
- Coordination with application and implementation management team to deploy Bink code into production.
Usage of the technology has helped the Bank to:
- Keep its’ card at the top of customers’ wallet
- Drive new customer flow within the app with increased dwell time
- Provide richer experience to customers
- Improve account retention with provable return on investment.
Barclays has a rich history of investing in innovative technology that enables customers to securely manage their money including:
- View current accounts in one place - Barclays was the first high street bank, that is a member of the CMA9, to allow customers to view their current accounts from other banks in their Barclays Mobile Banking (BMB) app
- Spending - Customers can keep on top of their day-to-day finances in-app with Spending, where transactions are automatically bucketed into 12 main categories and over 70 sub-categories
- Merchant Control - Customers have the control to turn off spending in five merchant categories including gambling and premium rate phone numbers
- Temporary Freeze – BMB customers can temporarily freeze their cards from within their app if they think it’s lost or stolen.
In partnership with Bink, we intend to deliver a ground-breaking service and experience to the 7.4 million customers on Barclays’ mobile apps.