Non Resident External (NRE) Term Deposits
Stretch the value of your foreign currency savings. Convert them into local currency and you can earn attractive interest income by placing your money in Non Resident External(NRE) Term Deposits.
- Open a Non Resident External (NRE) Term Deposit with as little as Rs 1,000,000
- No penalty on premature withdrawal
- No interest is payable on deposits, if prematurely withdrawn in less than 12 months
- Minimum period is 1 year and maximum period is 7 years
- Interest income is not taxed in India
- Attractive interest rates
- Principal and interest amounts are both fully repatriable
To apply now:
Term Deposit Interest Rate - Applicable for NRE w.e.f 28.07.17
Rate % p.a. (Applicable for deposits less than Rs. 1 Crore)
366 days to 400 days
401 days to 500 days
501 days to 547 days
548 days to 730 days
731 days to 820 days
821 days to 910 days
911 days to 1000 days
1001 days to 1095 days
1096 days to 1460 days
1461 days to 1825 days
1826 days to 2190 days
2191 days to 2555 days
- For Deposits of Rs 1 crore or more, please contact Barclays India Branches. 1% premature withdrawal penalty as applicable for deposits of 1 year and above. No Interest is payable for deposits of less than 1 year.
- The rates are subject to change without notice. Interest rate compounded quarterly.
- Senior Citizen & Staff-Special rate not applicable.
To apply now: