Non Resident External (NRE) Term Deposits
Stretch the value of your foreign currency savings. Convert them into local currency and you can earn attractive interest income by placing your money in Non Resident External(NRE) Term Deposits.
- Open a Non Resident External (NRE) Term Deposit with as little as Rs 1,000,000
- No penalty on premature withdrawal
- No interest is payable on deposits, if prematurely withdrawn in less than 12 months
- Minimum period is 1 year and maximum period is 7 years
- Interest income is not taxed in India
- Attractive interest rates
- Principal and interest amounts are both fully repatriable
|Term Deposit Interest Rate - Applicable for NRE w.e.f 08.07.15|
Rate % p.a.
(Applicable for deposits less than Rs. 1 Crore)
|366 days to 400 days||6.25|
|401 days to 500 days||6.25|
|501 days to 547 days||6.25|
|548 days to 730 days||6.30|
|731 days to 820 days||6.35|
|821 days to 910 days||6.40|
|911 days to 1000 days||6.40|
|1001 days to 1095 days||6.40|
|1096 days to 1460 days||6.40|
|1461 days to 1825 days||6.40|
|1826 days to 2190 days||6.40|
|2191 days to 2555 days||6.40|
- For Deposits of Rs 1 crore or more, please contact Barclays India Branches. 1% premature withdrawal penalty as applicable for deposits of 1 year and above. No Interest is payable for deposits of less than 1 year.
- The rates are subject to change without notice. Interest rate compounded quarterly.
- Senior Citizen & Staff-Special rate not applicable.